Steps to Turning on Your Hose Bib:
- First, tighten the wheel/valve on the spigot.
- Then, locate the water shutoff valve. This valve is usually located somewhere inside of your house - whether it be the basement, crawl space or utility room.
- Open your water valve and allow water to flow to the spigot outside of your home.
- Once the valve is open, tighten the bleeder valve. This will help prevent leaks in the spring.
- Now you can head outside and turn on the spigot to make sure it is working properly before you connect the garden hose.
- Lastly, connect the garden hose and you're ready to water your lawn, flowers, and vegetable garden!
If you notice that your hose bib is leaking or you having difficulty turning on your outdoor hose this spring, contact our office. It has been a cold winter and it is possible that there is a crack in your plumbing pipes. Our professional plumbing technicians can take a look at your hose bib and help you determine the reason behind your plumbing problem. Call 585-216-3058 to schedule an appointment with one of our professional plumbing technicians.