Garbage Disposal Tips:
- Run Cold Water - Cold water is a great way to keep your garbage disposal clean by allowing the blades to grind up food and push it out the drain pipe.
- Use it Often - Running your garbage disposal on a regular basis will help keep leftover food from hardening inside. Even if you don't have anything to grind up, run the disposal every few days to prevent odors, clogs and rust.
- Flush it Out - Run your disposal for about a minute after it has finished grinding up the waste. This ensures that all the food has been flushed out and helps prevent clogs.
- Reduce Waste Size - Your garbage disposal is not designed to handle large chucks of food. Cut waste into smaller chunks and only put a few pieces in at a time to avoid clogs and damage.
- Grind Citrus Fruits - Orange, lemon and lime peels can help keep your disposal clean. Toss a citrus peel in to help clear excess waste and eliminated any unpleasant smells. Ice cubes work well too!
If you do experience any problems with your garbage disposal, give us a call. Our experienced plumbing technicians can clear your clogged drains and give advice on how to keep your disposal running smoothly year-round. Call 585-216-3058 to contact our office or visit our website for more information on our plumbing services.
For more plumbing and home remodeling tips, Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter, and Connect with us on Google+!photo credit: Chris Winters via photopin cc