Is your bathroom outdated? It might be time for a remodel that better fits your family’s needs. Here are a few tips and tricks to consider before you decide on a design.
Bathroom Remodeling Tips:
- Tile Floors – Porcelain or glazed tiles are easy to care for, while textured surfaces or matte finishes create a nonslip surface. These are both great options, but depending on your individual needs, you may favor one over the other.
- Space – If you are looking to create a half bath, look for an area that is 3 to 4 feet wide and 6 to 8 feet long. Anything smaller will feel crowded.
- Sink Style – Pedestal sinks are common in small bathrooms, but they don’t offer any storage options. Vanities with sinks take up most of the room, but offer both storage and counter top space.
- Hot Water – Adding additional features to your bathroom like a soaker tub or multi-head shower will use more hot water than you are used to. You may need to upgrade your water heater, depending on your family’s hot water consumption.
- Accessibility – Certain permanent features should be added early on. Consider a wider doorway, lower sink height, a barrier free shower, and whether or not you will want to add grab bars to your shower.
We're LIVE on social media! Connecting with us has never been easier! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter, and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest remodeling trends and geothermal energy advances.