- Go Through Your Medicine Cabinet - When was the last time you really went through your medicine cabinet? It's time to get rid of outdated medicines and keep your medicine cabinet clean and organized with products that are useful to you in the new year.
- Keep Hair Products Under Control - Hair products can take up a lot of space int he bathroom. Keep your styling routine organized by storing all of your products in a plastic tub under the sink. If you haven't used a product recently, it might be time to toss it!
- Squeegee Often - After a long shower, water will sit on your shower curtain or shower glass doors. This can lead to mold, mildew and hard water stains. Stay on top of your cleaning routine by simply using a squeegee to wipe down your shower after each use. This will help keep your bathroom clean and cut down on cleaning time when you do your bathroom cleaning each week.
- Clean Your Grout - Grout is porous and can absorb oils from any products you use in the bathtub. This includes shampoos, conditioners, and soaps. Keep your shower tiles clean by cleaning the grout with a mixture of 10 parts water to 1 part bleach. Just be sure to remove the bleach solution after you're done cleaning
- Set a Schedule - Put a plan in place for 2016. Once a month (or every other month) you should give your bathroom a thorough clean. Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain, followed by 1/2 cup white vinegar to help keep your pipes clear of grease, oil and hair.
Check out this Martha Stewart article for more information on how to clean your bathroom. If you're looking to really give your bathroom and overhaul this year with a remodel, give our office a call. Our professionals will help you decide on the right bathroom design for your home needs. Call 585-216-3058 to contact our office or visit our website to learn more about the plumbing and remodeling services that we offer to the Rochester area.